Starbird is the brainchild of the culinary concept and design agency The Culinary Edge, founded in 2002, and its venture division, The Culinary Edge Ventures (TCEV). TCEV was formed to create, incubate, operate and grow restaurant brands utilizing the resources and infrastructure of The Culinary Edge.
TCEV has created and funded its first brand, Starbird, a modern chicken concept, which seeks to revolutionize food, design and convenience in the QSR/Fast Casual marketplace. Starbird is backed financially by a group of successful industry executives and financial partners. Design and development of its second location is underway and we seeking a Director of Operations/ Operating Partner to grow and expand our exciting new brand.
The Operating Partner, with the support of our TCE Management team, will continue to build a brand that is reimagining the traditional fast food experience. The TCE Management team is part of The Culinary Edge, one of the leading restaurant concept development companies in the country. We’ve developed over 20 restaurant concepts from the ground up, for our client partners, in addition to our brand being a leader in culinary and operational development for global food and restaurant companies.
This is a unique opportunity for a hands-on operator with multi unit experience,. The TCEV team views this position as a partnership opportunity, with a compensation package that includes salary + equity.
Oversee all aspects of unit operations to ensure that Starbird continues it’s successful path of opening on-budget launches, improving and maintaining operating standards, as well as building and nurturing a team that is built for multi-unit growth.
The ideal candidate brings 5+ years of multi-unit leadership from the fast casual or QSR segments, and from emerging or established brands. The position is based in the San Francisco Bay area.
Skills you definitely have:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a restaurant operations management role (fast casual or QSR experience preferred)
- Multi-unit management experience a plus
- Mentoring and coaching experience for teams with multiple skill levels
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- The ability to manage, engage and influence direct and indirect reports and peers
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel PowerPoint or Mac Equivalent
- Experience in analyzing and acting upon financial reports.
- Working knowledge of business processes and systems development.
- Creating and enforcing customer service standards
- Bilingual capability a plus
- College degree preferred
- Manage the business in a manner consistent with Starbird standards and procedures
- Build sales, customer counts, market share and optimize profits based on business plan
- Coach, counsel and develop hourly employees and management team
- Ensure that restaurant is in compliance with local, regional, and national laws
- Maintain food quality, hospitality and restaurant facility standards
- Manage annual restaurant budget
- Attract, train, develop and retain employees
- Plan and execute pre-opening hiring and training, during each opening
- Support the ownership team with on-site construction oversight
- Plan and execute pre-opening marketing and PR activities, possibly with PR staff or agency
- Oversee all marketing initiatives with the support of the Starbird marketing team